Gyms are always full of dumbbells and other fitness equipment, but resistance bands offer many services that different weights and equipment cannot provide. Resistance bands are portable to carry anywhere, even in a traveling .resistance bands are elementary to use and give you many workout options. There are different bands of like resistance pull bands with handles, flat bands, loop bands, and tube bands. By using these bands, we can do multiple exercises for strengthening the core and building muscles
Types of bands:
- Resistance bands with handle: these kinds of bands provide a firm grip to the user to perform exercises and allow users to increase or decrease the level of resistance. The main goal of bands is to build and strengthen muscles.
- Flat resistance band: These kinds of bands help strengthen muscles. Ideal for physical therapy, they are flat and wide and quickly wrap around your hand and adjust the length and stretchability.
- Loop bands are likely to flat bands. But they are smaller and form a loop. Use for strengthening the legs and buttocks.
- Tube résistance bands: These are best to improve strength, size, and function of muscles in the elderly and rehabilitation and provide light and massive resistance and protect the muscles.
There are several exercises in which we can use pull-up bands for the best results.
Resistance band squats:
- Hoop a pull-up band around the ankle and stand with your feet about shoulder with apart. Toes slightly turned out. It is a starting position.
- Bend your knees and try to push your lower body as we do in squats. You need to straighten your back, raise your chest, and engages your core for this move.
- Push through your heels to stand back in your starting position, squeeze your butt as you press the band.
- Reps 10-20
- Sets: 1
Resistance band Chopper:
It’s an excellent workout for beginners to strengthen the core and to build the muscles. It helpful for legs, abs, and muscles .everyone can do this easily.
- First, you need to start this exercise in a squat position while holding the pull up band handle.
- Starts the activity from the opposite knee pulls the band up and across your body.
- Then, lower your back down to your knee.
- In a slow and controlled motion, try to bring yourself in a normal position.
- Do all your reps on one side and the change the side and repeat your exercise.
Sprinter is a sort if running. As we all know, running is quite a good and popular exercise for losing weight, building stamina, strengthening the core, and burning calories. By making sprints, we can improve our running speed.
- Firstly, you have to do a warm-up. You can do light jogging for 5-10 minutes.
- Loop an assist band around a pole, and place other parts of the loop across your back.
- Try to engage your core, and pump your arms continually, drive your knees to your chest.
- Reps: sprint at 60 percent of your maximum effort for 30 seconds
- Take a jogging break for 1-2 minutes in which you will do a light jog.
Resisted long jump:
This move can improve power, stimulate your metabolism, and improves your stability.
- Tie up the pull up the assisted band around hip waist height to a some fixed object that cannot move
- Then, place the band around your waist.
- It starts walking until the band are taut but not fully stretched.
- Spread your feet approximately your hip width.
- Raise your arms upward and then swing them towards the floor in a motion to start the workout.
- Then move your both feet simultaneously and land the feet across the shoulder-width apart.
- Perform this exercise 3-5 sets.
- Reps: 4-5
Pull up assisted band kneeling crunches:
it is best the exercise for Abs .it provides various movements that help to lean muscle mass, burn your calories, and make you fit. It works on the upper and lower muscles of the body.
- Tie a band through stiff anchor above you.
- Try to kneel on the floor with your back to the band.
- Reach over your shoulder to pull onto one side of the band with each hand.
- Your hands should be in a rest position.
- Pull the band and bend your torso forward to crunch down against resistance.
- Slowly extend your torso back up to the original position.
- Reps: 15-20 for one set.
- Set: try to do three sets.
Balancing chest press:
it is a good move for triceps, pectorals, and deltoids. It makes the upper body strong. The chest press targets your arms, chest, and shoulder muscles.
- Loop a band around your wrists, and raise your arms in your shoulder height.
- Take your one foot off from the ground.
- Engage your core muscles.
- Elbows will bend 90 degrees angle at shoulder height.
- Engage your chest to return a normal position.
- Sets: 1
- reps: 10-15
Its bodyweight exercises strengthen your core significantly; lower back muscles, hip flexors, and abdominal muscles. By using a resistance band, you can perform this exercise. It engages your back muscles and core simultaneously. It helps reduce back pain .physical trainers and athletes use this move.
- In this exercise, we use the CLX CONSECUTIVE LOOP band.
- Find the middle of the loop and place each foot in one loop.
- Place your hands in the circles on ends, looping across your hand and your thumbs for more grips.
- Then try to in a tabletop position, knees under the hips and shoulders under wrists.
- Engage your core. Keep your back straight.
- Reps: 10-15 each leg.